Changing the World: Engineering the Future
High school girls in grades 10-12 are invited to explore why engineering is an amazing career for women who want to change the world, help improve the lives of others and the environment around us, and who like teamwork and problem-solving.
Learn about different types of engineering, chat with current students, hear from recent alumni and tour the campus. This event is co-hosted by UBC Engineering and UBC’s Women in Engineering group, a student-run organization that promotes gender diversity, equity and inclusion in engineering.
Are your parents curious too? Parents are welcome to join to hear from our keynote and student panel.
Date: Saturday, March 28, 2020
Time: 10:00 am to 11:30 am
Location: Online – More details will be provided closer to the event
Did you miss our live virtual session? Be sure to check out our recording of the event.
* We have an inclusive view of the word “women” and “girl” and we welcome trans, genderqueer and non-binary folks interested in the day. If you don’t identify with any of those identities, we’d encourage you to attend UBC Welcomes You on April 26, 2020 — this is a half-day informational event for Canadian students who have been admitted to UBC for fall 2020.
Lunch will be provided.
Check out our UBC Engineering Women Welcome Event Live Stream from 2018:
- Agnes d’Entremont, Instructor, Mechanical Engineering: 0:00
- Jeanie Malone, MASc Student, Biomedical Engineering: 7:00
- Amara Kraft, BASc Student, Mechanical Engineering: 15:10
- Jackie Ma, BASc Student, Materials Engineering: 21:40
- Q&A with all speakers: 31:20