Women’s Engineering Day
Come explore why engineering is an amazing career for women who want to change the world, help improve the lives of others and the environment around us, and who like teamwork and problem-solving.
Experience what it is like to solve real engineering challenges, learn about different types of engineering, talk to current students, hear from recent alumni and tour the campus.
Are your parents curious too? There will also be a Parent Session in the afternoon.
Seats are limited, so make sure you register asap! Registration will close on Monday, March 18, at 11:59 PM or when capacity has been reached.
Date: Saturday, March 23, 2019
Time: 9:00 am to 4:00 pm
Location: Robert H. Lee Alumni Centre, 6163 University Boulevard, Vancouver (UBC Vancouver Campus)
* We have an inclusive view of the word “women” and we welcome trans, genderqueer and non-binary folks interested in the day. If you don’t identify with any of those identities, we’d encourage you to attend UBC Welcomes You on April 27, 2019. This is a full-day informational event for Canadian students who have been admitted to UBC for fall 2018.
Lunch will be provided.
Check out our UBC Engineering Women Welcome Event Live Stream from last year:
- Agnes d’Entremont, Instructor, Mechanical Engineering: 0:00
- Jeanie Malone, MASc Student, Biomedical Engineering: 7:00
- Amara Kraft, BASc Student, Mechanical Engineering: 15:10
- Jackie Ma, BASc Student, Materials Engineering: 21:40
- Q&A with all speakers: 31:20